IRCTC PNR Status
You can enquire your IRCTC PNR Status (Passenger Name Record) here :
Enter 10-digit IRCTC PNR no. here
Following are the details that can be retrieved through enquiry of your irctc passenger name record number (PNR status):
- Train name
- Train number
- Travelling date
- Station from:
- Station to:
- Boarding point
- Class (SL, 2AC, 3AC, etc)
- Passenger coach
- Ticket Status (confirmed, RAC, WL, etc.)
PNR Status explained?
PNR : a unique 10 digit number given by Indian Railways (IRCTC) to track the journey and keep records of the passengers.
Following are the meanings of different codes:
- Confirmed : The ticket is cofirmed with birth, you will be given a coach number and berth number. IRCTC Indian Railways allows reservation from 90 days ago from the jouney, so it stands good chance of a confirmed seat if you have registered earlier.
- RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) :If your pnr status is RAC it means that you have a reservation confirmed but only with sitting accomodation. Berth facility is not confirmed, but it can be if anyone cancels prior to you in the list. You can board the train and can sit on two side chairs.
- WL (Waiting List) : WL pnr status means that it does not guarantee any berth or sitting accommodation.They will be accommodated only if sufficient confirmed or RAC ticket holders cancel their reservation.
- RAC/WL [num] : if u got irctc pnr status something like this WL21 or WL12 or WL[any number] then the number denotes your position in the queue of WL or RAC status holders.
- Regret : When IRCTC reached a maximum number of reservation under waiting list too then it closes the reservation system and regrets that the reservation can not be made at this time.
PNR STATUS : ways to enquire
There are many ways through which you can enquire your irctc reservation by pnr status :